Tuesday, May 23, 2006

What Happened to Freedom of Speech???


Please read the following letter from Yraida. She is being persecuted for writing these articles to us, the public. Apparently, SOME correctional officers in the BOP do not want us to know what is going on inside our prisons. If there is anyone out there with any suggestions or knowledgeable in law who can help, or even just offer their suggestions of what to do or what angle to attack this from, please post a comment at the bottom, or email us at prisontalk@hotmail.com. And by all means, please keep Yraida and her family in your prayers.

Dear Friends,

My PTO's articles have been under heavy scrutiny by SOME correctional officers. Apparently Some officers were offended with my writing and their decision was to hold off on some of my privileges. I made a commitment to write a PTO Article every week, I take my commitments very seriously and I do stick to them. Writing does no come easy to me, but I truly believe that a commitment that is easy is really not a commitment at all; and the joy comes from staying on course, when you know the winds are howling all around you.

Yes, I am very happy when I receive comments on my PTO's and to hear that my PTO articles have been used for educational or inspirational purposes, I am more able to endure the howling wind; 10 grim years of incarceration, a 17 day hunger strike and all types of retaliation have made me a very strong person and I can easily handle the rest of my sentence even if all of my privileges are taken away. But if any of the privileges taken away involves my family, I'd have to think twice. I am very grateful for the support, care and love from my family, the sacrifices that they have all made for me have been of paramount importance. Furthermore I would hurt me a great deal to take away the smiles from my son's faces, therefore, I would have to decide whether I continue my writing. Before I make a final decision I will take the time to talk to some of you who are lawyers including a former prosecutor.

Having had a lot of things to say to you in the past, I will be gravely disapointed if I had to stop writing my articles because SOME BOP officials do not agree with the truth of the matter. I love you all and have a happy mother's day.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

You are in my prayers Steffi, kindest wishes, The Artist

3:19 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Dear Yraida, from the members of Making The Walls Transparent (MTWT) I want you to know that our prayers are with you. Stay strong and keep your head held high. Those in authority resort to the most oppressive and malicious acts to silence the truth when it exposes their malfesance conduct.I am talking form personal knowledge because I am the director of MTWT's Texas Chapter. I have and continue to endure some of the worst acts of censorship and reprisal unimaginable. My story and that of others are documented at: www.angelfire.com/crazy4/texas

11:12 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home