Monday, May 22, 2006

Immigration March

May 1, I called my youngest sister at her workplace (it is very unusual for me to call her at work). She answered the phone and was very excited, the first thing that she said was: "Jeswil (my youngest son) is here with me, he is such a good worker." I was surprised but at the same time I was thinking: "no wonder why my heart told me to call her there." I asked her:"what happened why is he not at school?" she said:"his father was afraid to take him to school because there is an immigration march scheduled today here in Miami, so he decided to bring the boys to mom's house" I continued and asked:"where is Yrwil?" (my other son); she said: "at mom's house." Then I said: "let me to talk to my son." He came to the phone and he was so excited telling me about how much he had learned from his aunt's job and that the more he learned, the more he could work and the more he could get paid (my sister pays him by the hour if he helps her). He saves his money to buy video-games, or to pay for church retreats or for whatever he sets his mind on.

After I hung-up the phone I was wondering why the father of my sons had made that decision. I could not believe that he was afraid of our own people. I also know that the media is very good about fueling hatred and fear toward immigrants, but my sons' father should have known better. I decided to call him at work and I asked him: "Wilmer, why did you make the decision of not taking our sons to school today?" he answered: "well, I was afraid that if the march got ugly, the boys may have been hurt." I replied: "I know that you have become over protective with the boys, (due to the fact that I am in prison) but, you are telling me that you are afraid of our own people?" He answered: "no, no, it is not like that, but if the police get involved and a riot starts, I do not want the boys to get locked in a school and to be afraid." I said to him: "you are right, and thank you for being so caring and loving with our sons."

Later, in the evening, I was lying on my bunk and I was wondering what was the government's hidden agenda toward immigration issues? I was trying to analyze their reasoning and my main questions were: Does the government truly want immigration reform? Is the white house trying to get the hispanic vote? I could not get the answer I needed, so then I decided to finish reading my last issue of Prison Legal News (the best newsletter on prison issues in the nation). And I read the following article: "Wal-Mart is using prison labor to build a new distribution center in Beaver Dam, Wisconsin... Hansen-Rise, the building contractor company is based in Idaho... Most of the states 1,100 work release prisoners are employed at food plants or do assembly work at factories..." and another articled said: "In April 2005 a Pennsylvania based company Woolrich Inc was awarded a 5 year contract worth 100 million dollars from the Department of Defense... the company will make millions off the sweaty backs of federal prisoners." And I know from my experience that ADP(a Unicor prison factory) has hundreds of federal prisoners working for TRW (A Reed Company) for decades, making Reed's owners richer and richer every day.

I jumped from my bunk and I said to myself: "I got the answer" and here it is: the big company owners (very good friends and contributors of the white house) come to the white house and to the lawmakers and say to them: "we have a problem and we have a solution." They continued and said: "Black slavery was abolished years ago, we can not use overseas sweatshop as easily as we used to after the news about Nike, Adidas, and other big companies using overseas sweatshop shocked the public, and of course we can not afford to hire US citizens for good wages and benefits and we no longer can pay immigrants $2 or $3 per hour, but we have a great solution: we can pay prisoners .23 cents an hour, no social security, no taxes, no workman's compensation, no law suits. IT IS ALL PROFITS, PARTNERS, ALL PROFITS!!!!!! MILLIONS!!!! AND MILLIONS!!! can be made. We just make more laws creating more draconian sentences and make sure that there is no more "death penalty sentence." We need "life without any possibility of parole." We will make more money if we get 30 or 40 years of the prisoner's labor instead of sending him to the killing chamber." The lawmakers and politicians asked: "What will the government make on providing prison labor (commission)?" I could not hear the answer because the mayhem started and all I could hear was: "it is a deal, partners, it is a deal."

Dear friends, the new immigration reform will be that we will see prisoners in gang-chains picking tomatoes, lettuce, etc.; doing construction work, factory work, etc., etc., and we will see more and more law making every human action a crime. A time will come that the oxygen from our planet will be owned by the government and a controlled substance and a deep breather will be a crime because you will be stealing oxygen from the planet(owned by the government). God helps us. I love you all. Yraida (Leo)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home