Tuesday, February 07, 2006

Poems by Yraida

Dear friends I wrote the following two poems and I want to share then with you all.
THE BEAUTY OF SADNESS
Enormour joy I found in my sadness
sagacious feelings sorround my kidness
the beauty of others I see thru my sadness
my arrogance is replaced by compassion and tenderness
my sorrow is full of gentleness
I hug tomorrow with zeal and graciousness

Only when I am sad
my eyes can listen, my skin can see,
my ears can touch and my soul can grow
there is no difference between sad and joy
when you know how to touch your soul.

There, in my sadness stage
is that I can comprenhend and forget
my sister's lack of care
my neighboor's addiction and dulcet
my husband's silence and even wars and rage.

When I am sad
I write with words unknown in my joy stage
I truly enjoy my sadness
because it excentuates my six sense.

THE BIG BLACK SPIDER

The sun is coming out
in front of my window glass
Good Morning Baby!, I said
and she stops her scrawing on the window glass
to make a reply with one of her arms
she is my pet and friend
the big black spider on my window glass.

She is out of her house inside the window base
looking for a bite and to say Hi!
She has grown to such a big size
looking strong and innocent at times
not too long ago she was born from an egg-bag
and she has been my pet and friend from day one.

At lunch break when she hears my voice
she comes to the spot where we talk
I tell her if I am upset, need a hug or a thanks.
I know she understands and feel what is inside my heart
because she either stays or
shapes her arm to say good-by.

When the day is over she is waiting on the window glass
she turns around and moves her feet and arms
like saying I am glad you came back
we talk for a while until I say: "Good Night".

One day I did not see her and I was thinking to end her life
because I had learned as a child that the big spiders are dangerous and wild.
But when I saw her again, I knew she was scared
and I could not kill her.
I do not comprenhend
why I am not afraid of her
I guess because it is easy to talk with her
than the human with whom I share my cell.

I moved far away, I wonder if the new guest
had taken my spider to her end.
I also wonder if time has make me humanless.
It is hard to say and difficult to understand.

I love you all. Yraida (Leo)

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I THOUGHT SHE DID A REMARKABLE JOB.SHE HAD THE COURAGE TO EXPRESS HER FEELINGS WHERE SOME PEOPLE WON'T EVEN CONSIDER IT.

11:25 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home