Sunday, January 08, 2006

Chinese and Japanese Visitors at Camp Coleman

On August 2-9 I was on vacation (yes, we are allowed to take one week off of mandatory work per year, and we get paid for that week off) I was also very busy preparing some legal briefs on my case against Unicor and my complaint to the United nations. I was under court-dead lines and some staff's retaliation. Therefore I decided to shut-down my antennas (dettach myself from prison rumors or prison news from the grapewine, we call here "prisoner's radio News or prisoner.com) however threre is news that not matter what you do, you will hear about it, for example "the waxing operation" for visitors, since I did not hear about waxing, I concluded that there were no visitors. I really do not know why, but there are always visitors in the complex, all kinds of visitors, congressman, chief judges, students, etc; but what really disturbs me is the international visitors, we have had visitors from france, Germany iraq, China, etc; I wonder if the United States is exporting "prison's business"? Don't we have better 'goods" to export? or are the US Prisons becoming museums for tourism destinations? yuo tell me. Because I donot know. Anyway on August 10 after my lunch, I was going back to work after my sweet vacation, and i offered a fellow prisoner a ride to her work at the men's facility (I drive by myself to my work place on an E-Z-Go or a truck); on the way I invited her to stop at my workplace around 1:30 p.m. to enjoy a cuban coffee ( I am an expert in making any kind of cofee)she said: "Oh, I would too, but I cannot" i was surprised because we usually drink coffee at that time and I said: "why can't you" she replied: "there are some visitors coming today"; I said: "visitors! who; I have not heard anything" she said: "some japanese or chinese, I really do not know". i dropped her off, and on my way to work I was wondering visitors? Japanese? chinese? why does nobody know about this visit? why did the authorities did not made us wax? what do the japanese or chinese are doing here, they have prison labor even in worse conditions than ours, besides United States condenm their prison labor. See "The New Yor Times" March 01-2001's article about a chinese company that pled guilty in New York for violation of a 1932 law that prohibit any country to import to us any good make by prison labor (the goods were made by female prisoners); then I said to myself;"I must do some undercover investigation; someone must know what the japanese or chinese people are doing here"; "I must use my connections to find out;" I asked several inmates, several staffs; and I got the same answer "I donot know"; around 1;30 p.m. I was by myself at my work place and a staff (with a middle level range) stopped by my workplace and I usually talked to him about different topics and I also felt comfortable asking him questions and I knew that he had to know about the visit (it is part of his job) and I said to him: "do you know what the japanese or chinese are doing here?" he answered: "I do not know"; I continued: "I was wondering, because they have prison labor; maybe they are looking at our complex to build a complex in their country to give a little more comfort to their prisoners; or perhaps they are teaching our country how to run sweat shops in our prisons?"; he replied by saying: "Do you know what those (japanese or chinese) people do with their prisoners on death row?" I answered:'no I donot know" he said:(acting in the manner that he was speaking)"they put the prisoners on their knees facing back and kill them with a bullet fired to their head", and he did the gesture like killing a prisoner with such pleasure on his face. Then he said: "and you know what; they send the bullet casing to the prisoner's family and charge them for the bullet". When he was talking thousands of thoughts came to my mind and I got chills on my body; I was doing a big effort to keep my posture; I did not want to look weak and I wanted to appear strong. I said "do you know what else they do with prisoners"? he answered "no"; I said: "they tell prisoners that they are free to go and then they kill the prisoner for trying to escape to later take the prisoner's organs and export them to the United States and sell them for big dollars'. He replied "I believe you"; then I looked straight into his eyes and asked him: 'so, do you think that US will do the same with its prisoners, as those japanese or chinese; killed them all?" he answered very confused and he began to stutter: "well, I think (pause-stutter) . . . I do not think so". A few weeks had passed and I still had his comments and his gestures in my mind. To me, his comments and gestures are what I call "Mental Torture", here in United States prisoners usually are not subject to physical torture (federal level) but we are definetely subject to a high rate of "mental Torture"; specially female prisoners. My questions to you my friends is:what can we (you and I) do to stop or prevent the destruction by Mental Torture of thousands probably millions of prisoners lives who could be your neighbors or co-workers?. I love you all. Yraida (Leo)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home